There’s really nothing an agnostic can’t do if he really doesn’t know whether he believes in anything or not.” — Graham Chapman
“Nothing is so useless as a general maxim.” — Thomas Macaulay
“Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.” — George Jean Nathan
“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.” — G.K. Chesterton, “On Running After One’s Hat,” 1908
“I think, therefore I am is the statement of an intellectual who underrates toothaches.” — Milan Kundera
- A TOYOTA’S A TOYOTA is a palindrome.
- Lee Trevino was struck by lightning in 1975.
- KILIMANJARO contains IJKLMNO.
- 39343 = 39 + 343
- “Money often costs too much.” — Emerson
“Generations pass while some trees stand, and old families last not three oaks.” — Thomas Browne
n. a change of mind
“To change your mind and to follow him who sets you right is to be nonetheless the free agent that you were before.” — Marcus Aurelius
“When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?” — John Maynard Keynes
“Why should you mind being wrong if someone can show you that you are?” — A.J. Ayer (attributed)
“Never cry over spilt milk, because it may have been poisoned.” — W.C. Fields
- Dorothy Parker left her entire estate to Martin Luther King Jr.
- SOUTH CAMBRIDGE, NY contains 16 different letters.
- 45927 = ((4 + 5) × 9)2 × 7
- STONE AGE = STAGE ONE
- “You cannot be both fashionable and first-rate.” — Logan Pearsall Smith