“The not distinguishing where things should be distinguished, and the not confounding where things should be confounded, is the cause of all the mistakes in the world.” — John Selden
“Shun the inquisitive person, for he is also a talker.” — Horace
- The brighter stars of open cluster NGC 2169 form a giant 37.
- Three ships of the Royal Navy have borne the name HMS Unique.
- Noam Chomsky was bar mitzvahed on Pearl Harbor Day.
- 67234 = 6 + 72+3 × 4
- “You never know when you’re making a memory.” — Rickie Lee Jones
(Thanks, Charlie and Sean.)
“The observer, when he seems to himself to be observing a stone, is really, if physics is to be believed, observing the effects of the stone upon himself.” — Bertrand Russell
“Wealth, in even the most improbable cases, manages to convey the aspect of intelligence.” — John Kenneth Galbraith
“If you think of this world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable: think of it as a place of training and correction and it’s not so bad.” — C.S. Lewis
- Mr. Peanut’s full name is Bartholomew Richard Fitzgerald-Smythe.
- Michael J. Fox is 10 days younger than Lea Thompson and 3 years older than Crispin Glover.
- Nebraska’s state slogan is “Honestly, it’s not for everyone.”
- Eight-letter words typed with eight fingers: BIPLANES, CAPTIONS, ELAPSING, JACKPOTS, LIFESPAN, PANELIST.
- “Memory can restore to life everything except smells.” — Nabokov
“If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.” — Mario Andretti
“Without art the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable.” — George Bernard Shaw
“Technology is the reason we get old enough to complain about technology.” — Garry Kasparov